Shaping the future of manufacturing
Manufacturing is undergoing a fundamental revolution worldwide. The Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and advanced Robotics, big data and cloud computing are radically changing the conditions of industrial activity, creating a unique opportunity for new significant productivity gains and competitive advantages for first mover countries and companies. At the same time, major new developments in the global economy as well new issues and challenges on the international trade scene coupled with environmental pressures and the emergences of new risks are putting pressure on corporations to review the location of their activities and reshape and streamline their supply chains.
Industry 4.0 – the fourth industrial revolution – is there with tremendous implications in the economic, corporate, social and geopolitical domains. Whether it is Germany’s “Industry 4.0” or China’s “Made in China 2025”, the US “Manufacturing revitalization”, France’s “Industry of the Future”, Japan’s “Society 5.0” or India’s “Make in India” every major country in the world is today confronting the challenge of creating the conditions for the successful transformation and expansion of its industrial base as crucial asset for tomorrow’s prosperity.
The Global Alliance of SMEs – GASME – is convening the World Manufacturing Convention to discuss the key elements of the manufacturing revolution underway and assess their impact, to explore the policies and initiatives that will allow countries and corporations to leverage the new immense opportunities created by this industrial revolution and to manage the challenges that it is creating.
The World Manufacturing Convention will also provide a privileged framework for promoting closer global cooperation, efficient exchanges of views and expertise. It will offer participants an opportunity for creating new business relationships and for matchmaking between Chinese and foreign manufacturers. More than 200 advanced foreign manufacturers will be invited for matchmaking contacts with 2000 local Chinese enterprises.
The Global Alliance of SMEs (GASME) is co-hosting the World Manufacturing Convention with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), the Federation of German Industries (BDI), the Anhui Provincial Government, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China (MIIT), Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China (MFA), the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC), and the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE).
Major business and industrial organizations are being invited as Partners for the World Manufacturing Convention and a full list of partner organizations will be permanently updated on the website of the WMC.
the Eighth Secretary-General of the United Nations
Global Chairman of GASME and Former President of Federal Republic of Germany
Global Advisor of GASME and Former Prime Minister of France
Former UNIDO Director General
|16:00 Onwards||Registration of participants|
|18:30 – 20:30||Official Welcome Banquet|
|09:00 – 10:30||Official opening ceremony|
|10:30 – 11:00||Coffee break|
|11:00 – 12:30||Plenary session
Developing the right ecosystems for smart manufacturing
|12:30 – 13:45||Lunch|
|14:00 – 15:30||Break-out Session 1
Meeting the success factors for technology transfer for SMEs
|14:00 – 15:30||Break-out Session 2
Intellectual Property strategies and priorities for smart manufacturing
|14:00 – 15:30||Break-out Session 3
Making manufacturing a tool for urban development: The key role of SMEs, Belt and Road Initiative and International Productivity Transfer
|14:00 – 15:30||Break-out Session 4
Leveraging the power of big data for productivity and competitiveness
|14:00 – 15:30||Break-out Session 5
How to create the greatest competitive advantage from Advanced Robotics and Artificial Intelligence?
|15:30 – 16:00||Coffee Break|
|16:00 – 17:30||Break-out Session 6
What new operating models for industrial manufacturers in a new global economic environment?
|16:00 – 17:30||Break-out Session 7
What next steps for smart manufacturing in the automotive industry?
|16:00 – 17:30||Break-out Session 8
What next steps for smart manufacturing in the consumer goods industry?
|16:00 – 17:30||Break-out Session 9
What next steps for smart manufacturing in the machine tools industry
|16:00 – 17:30||Break-out Session 10
What next steps for smart manufacturing in the electronics industry?
|09:00 – 10:30||Plenary session
Investment priorities for smart manufacturing
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the People’s Republic of China
- National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), People’s Republic of China
- The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China
- Ministry Of Commerce, People’s Republic Of China
- State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council
- Taiwan affairs office of the state council PRC
- Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Development Research Centre of the State Council
- All-China Federation of Industry and Commerce (ACFIC)
- All-China Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese
- Federation of German Industries
- Federation of Mechanical Industries
- Confederation of Indian Industry
- American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai
- European Chamber of Commerce in China
- U.S.-China Chamber of Commerce
- China Association of International Trade of the Ministry of Commerce of China
- Industrie 4.0 Club
- The Bureau of Commerce of Anhui Province
- Anhui Development and Reform Commission
- Anhui Economic and Information Committee
- Foreign Affairs Office of Anhui Provincial People’s Government
- Taiwan Affairs Office of Anhui Provincial People’s Government
- State Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Anhui
- The people’s Government of Hefei
- Global Alliance of SMEs China
- Ningbo Thunderstruck Holdings Co., Ltd
- AccessPath Information Consulting Co., Ltd
As the co-organizer of the Convention, we, AccessPath, are inviting manufacturing companies with strength in innovation, internet of things, artificial intelligence, advanced robotics, big data and cloud computing, etc. to participate.
The Convention will provide a valuable opportunity for manufacturing companies worldwide to share views, visions, and strategies. It will also offer participants an opportunity to find their potential business partners for future cooperation.
To facilitate the logistics, we will be providing foreign companies the following services, FREE of charge and NO FEES:
- Local accommodation: 5 stars Hotel (1 person)
- Local ground transportation
- Company profile posted on the Official Convention Website (1-page introduction)
- A list of matched Chinese companies for potential cooperation opportunities
- A table with 4 chairs during the business negotiation session
We believe the Convention will be one of the most significant events in 2018 for the manufacturing communities worldwide and sincerely invite worldwide companies to join.
Please check the official documents:
WMC 2018 Registration
get in touch
let’s get in touch
Whether you’re interested in working with us or for us,
we’re always happy to chat.
Tell us some more about what you’re looking for
and how we can help.
speak to us
Would you like to chat to one of our team over the phone? You can also email us if you would prefer.
We would be delighted to have one of our experts explain the benefits of utilizing our services.
please leave your information