Shaping the future of manufacturing
Manufacturing is undergoing a fundamental revolution worldwide. The Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and advanced Robotics, big data and cloud computing are radically changing the conditions of industrial activity, creating a unique opportunity for new significant productivity gains and competitive advantages for first mover countries and companies. At the same time, major new developments in the global economy as well new issues and challenges on the international trade scene coupled with environmental pressures and the emergences of new risks are putting pressure on corporations to review the location of their activities and reshape and streamline their supply chains.
Industry 4.0 – the fourth industrial revolution – is there with tremendous implications for the economic, corporate, social and geopolitical domains. Whether it is Germany’s “Industry 4.0” or China’s “Made in China 2025”, the US “Manufacturing revitalization”, France’s “Industry of the Future”, Japan’s “Society 5.0” or India’s “Make in India” every major country in the world is today confronting the challenge of creating the conditions for the successful transformation and expansion of its industrial base as a crucial asset for tomorrow’s prosperity.
The Global Alliance of SMEs – GASME – is convening the World Manufacturing Convention to discuss the key elements of the manufacturing revolution underway and assess their impact, to explore the policies and initiatives that will allow countries and corporations to leverage the new immense opportunities created by this industrial revolution and to manage the challenges that it is creating.
The World Manufacturing Convention will also provide a privileged framework for promoting closer global cooperation, efficient exchanges of views and expertise. It will offer participants an opportunity for creating new business relationships and for matchmaking between Chinese and foreign manufacturers. More than 200 advanced foreign manufacturers will be invited for matchmaking contacts with Chinese enterprises.
The Global Alliance of SMEs is co-hosting the World Manufacturing Convention with:
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- The Federation of German Industries
- Anhui Provincial Government
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China
- The Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries
- Chinese Academy of Engineering
- The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China
- Development Research Centre of the State Council
- Fédération des Industries Mécaniques
- The American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai
- China Association of International Trade of the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China
- Industrie 4.0 Club
Major business and industrial organizations are being invited as Partners for the World Manufacturing Convention and a full list of partner organizations will be permanently updated on the website of the WMC.
As the co-organizer of the Convention, we, AccessPath, are inviting manufacturing companies with strength in innovation, internet of things, artificial intelligence, advanced robotics, big data and cloud computing, etc. to participate. The Convention will provide a valuable opportunity for manufacturing companies worldwide to share views, visions, and strategies. It will also offer participants an opportunity to find their potential business partners for future cooperation. We anticipate that around 200 foreign manufacturers and 2000 local Chinese enterprises will participate.
To facilitate the logistics, we will be providing foreign companies the following services, free of charge:
- Local accommodation: 4-5 stars Hotel (1 person)
- Local ground transportation
- Company profile posted on the Official Convention Website (1-page introduction)
- A list of matched Chinese companies for potential cooperation opportunities
- A table with 4 chairs during the business negotiation session
We believe the Convention will be one of the most significant events in 2018 for the manufacturing communities worldwide, and sincerely invite worldwide companies to join.